The safety of our audiences, artists, volunteers, and staff is our highest priority. As well as following all government and industry guidelines, we’re working closely with specialist safety advisors to ensure all our event locations are Covid-safe and secure for everyone. We will update information when necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will the Festival be able to go ahead now that step 4 of the roadmap has been delayed?
A. Yes. We have planned the Festival to be delivered within Step 3 of the roadmap and will continue to liaise with the licensing and public health authorities to ensure compliance with guidance.
Q. What safety measures will be in place?
A. Measures include:
- Extended Festival run to 21 days giving extra time and space to enjoy events and installations
- Limited visitor numbers and social distancing
- Pre-booked tickets for events with maximum bubble size of 6 tickets per household
- Seating bubbles with at least 1m+ separation
- Face coverings required indoors
- Face coverings suggested for outdoors when face-to-face or moving in and out of events or when queuing
- One-way systems
- Sanitising stations and enhanced cleaning schedules
- Track and Trace / Contact details required for bookers
- We are encouraging anyone planning to attend the Festival to take a rapid lateral flow test before travelling to the Festival site and to only attend if the test is negative.
Q. How will events be managed?
A. Each venue has been assessed to accommodate numbers which allow for social distancing. Most events require you to book a ticket in advance. Tickets will be issued as e-tickets to be shown at the venue on a mobile phone or printed out clearly so that they can be scanned before entry. You will be invited to sanitise your hands on entry and asked to keep within your bubble within the event space. If you have tickets for events in the same space but at a later time, you need to leave the area at the end of each show so that the space can be sanitised and prepared for the next incoming audience. You will need to exit and join a socially distanced queue to for re-entry.
Q. Will you drop social distancing if restrictions are relaxed on 19 July?
A. Our focus is on delivering a safe Festival for everyone. We will continue to monitor guidance and the response to it, however we are planning to maintain our Stage 3 protocols through to the end of the Festival.
Q. What will happen if I want to buy food or drink at The Festival?
A. Our food and drink traders are operating on a take-away basis. You will be asked to form a socially distanced queue to order and pick up food and drink. If alcohol is purchased, you must not consume the alcohol until you are seated.
Q. Will I get a refund if you cancel the event due to Covid-19 restrictions?
A. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled due to Covid-19, you will be contacted with the option to exchange (subject to availability), donate the ticket value, or receive a full refund. Payments for cancelled, rescheduled or resold tickets will be made via the original method of payment.
Q. What should I do if I display Covid-19 symptoms?
A. If you or anyone you live with displays symptoms of Covid-19, please do not travel to Festival events, and contact us immediately if you have tickets and:
- Believe you may be infected with Covid-19
- Have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- Have been in close proximity to anyone else who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- Have been instructed to self-isolate
- You will have the option to exchange (subject to availability), donate the ticket value, or receive a credit for future purchases at The Festival or The Stables.
Q. Is there a waiting list for sold out events?
A. For all sold out events there will be a release of stand-by tickets on the day, please follow our social media.