Volunteers are the friendly face of the Festival.
Volunteeering is open to everyone ages 18 and over.
The Festival is delivered with the help of over 200 volunteers who support all of the events in the programme, and undertake tasks including:
- Working behind the Festival Bar - no experience required, full training given
- Ushering and assisting Festival-goers in the Spiegeltent
- Hosting VIP events, and assisting artists and guests
- Stewarding at large-scale, outdoor and indoor events
- Drivers for artists, performers and team members
- Catering support
- Selling merchandise
- Festival branding set-up and take-down - getting the Festival site ready for Festival-goers
Volunteers join the Festival from the Milton Keynes area and beyond, and are of all ages and backgrounds.
Motivated by being part of something extraordinary, volunteers meet new friends, gain a sense of pride and achievement and in some cases their experience counts towards furthering their careers.
“I volunteered at the Festivals in 2012 and 2014 and it was a fantastic experience. I loved the opportunity to contribute to some cutting-edge art and culture right on my doorstep."
"What a great sense of camaraderie. Everyone involved was genuinely friendly and helpful, and looked out for each other.”
In summary, Volunteering is a great way to increase your work experience, get on-the-job training, ‘give back’ to the community, meet people and get involved behind the scenes of a world class festival. It's also great fun!
We welcome interest from diabled people - please get in touch to discuss any access needs.
To find out more about volunteering, contact Kirsty Munro by email: firstname.lastname@example.org